Man killed in officer-involved shooting
Authorities are investigating an officer-involved shooting that left a man dead in Asheville on Sunday morning.
Asheville police were called to a report of a burglary in West Asheville about 7:30 a.m.
Investigators said officers found the man, 19-year-old Alexander Jamar Marion, running with a gun in his hand near the Meadow Apartments, prompting a chase that ended on New Leicaster Highway.
Police said Marion refused to comply with multiple commands from the officers. He was shot by an APD officer and later died at the hospital.
The handgun was recovered during the investigation, police said.
No other injuries were reported.
The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting, and the officer has been placed on administrative leave, officials said.
The police department will also conduct an internal investigation on the incident, officials said.
By Staff 2 hours 29 minutes ago Read More: No tags for this article Was Aledo’s 91-0 football win last week a case of bullying? THE coach of ...
- Clemson’s Tajh Boyd pulled over in Midlands
- Man who killed bride of four weeks is sentenced
- Deputies arrest woman as building goes up in flames
- Limo driver charged in NC wreck that killed couple
- New form needed to see changes under new NC tax law
- Franklin Graham asks for prayers for his father
- SC air base takes down nativity scene after complaint
- Man who killed 2 children in wreck charged with DUI again
- Upstate teacher arrested after ex-husband goes to police
- Crash kills newlyweds; limo driver charged